Filings During the Life of Business

Once business formation documents have been prepared and filed, it is often necessary to complete other filings to remain current in the eyes of the state. The state can levy fines and penalties if filings are not completed in a timely manner and the correct fees paid. If all fees and filing dates are met, a business entity remains in “Good Standing.”

You must be in “Good Standing” to buy or sell the business or engage in other financial transactions. To fully understand your filing needs, please contact us at 951-652-4600 (California) or 936-465-9007 (Texas).


This is when a business entity changes from one type to another. Conversion must follow a procedure, which includes the filing of documents with the state.


Filing out the appropriate documents when closing a business is an important step. It notifies the state of your dissolution status, so taxes and annual filings are no longer required.

Doing Business As (DBA)

If the business has an assumed name, or uses a trade name, a DBA filing is required.

Foreign Qualification (FQ)

Is your company planning to transact business in another state, or multiple states, other than your state of incorporation? You may need to register your business in each of those state.

Name Amendment

If the name of your business changes, a Name Amendment must be filed with the state.

Other Amendments

If anything within the original Article of Incorporation/Organization changes, additional amendments must be filed with the state.

Share Amendment

If the business wants to change the number of authorized shares and the par value, a Share Amendment needs to be filed with the state.


If the business is moving away from an inactive or non-compliant status, a Reinstatement must be filed with the state.